Saturday, May 9, 2015

finished my summershawl

I brought it along with me lots of times, when the girls went playing in the park, and that helped, my summer shawl is finally done!! It was a KnitALong at the dutchwooldiva group at ravelry.

I bought this bamboo blend at  the dutch wool diva just before the tour de fleece last year. If i remember correctly it's called silver blood ball.
And i spun it during the TdF into a thin 3 ply, navajo style to keep the gradient colors together.
It was about 650 meters!

And it became this shawl!!





Just a plain stockinette shawl with a small lace border. I wanted the gradient to really show! It's actually quite a large shawl. Funny enough these are so not my favorite colors, i decided to choose something out of my comfortzone, but i do like this gradient a lot!!! The bamboo gives the yarn a really nice shine.


Oh and i wanted to show you these little notebooks i bought. On a very small flea market aren't these cute!!



today we had a little trip, it was a very spontaneous one ! I was telling my husband about new colors of stylecraft and about lucy from attic24. And somehow we ended up cycling to the trainstation on our way to Alphen a/d Rijn. To a shop called echtstudio. They have quite a spacious shop, filled with colorfull yarns, room for workshops. Offcourse with two little girls and a husband, one has to choose quite quickly. But i already knew what i wanted... stylecraft!!
I got two of the new colors, i didn't like the pale lavender grey one, but i really like the new sage and storm blue!
I also got denim, violet, cloud blue, meadow, lime, grape and parchment. Seeing all the colors makes choosing so much easier!!



actually this is a present from my husband for mothersday :)

After that we walked around Alphen, we haven't been there before. Josanne got an childrens atlas she's very happy with it!


This morning the girls had fun with my other stylecraft colors!


and now it's time for some crochet!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know how this works... leave your message after the BEEP!